Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This reminded me of something very important....


Last weekend Nicholas did something he often does.  Grabbed his mini book from our day at Disneyland in 2008.  A little while later Jackson was in the mix.  He isn't in the pictures (he was just about 3 months in my tummy).  



What it reminded me is that I hadn't made a mini book in a while.  And it reminded me why my Library of Memories system is so worth the effort.

So when I stopped into one of my LSS this past Saturday and saw some older Cosmo Cricket blackboard photo boxes and cigar boxes for $5, I picked up a couple with an idea.  

Saturday night I sat down with Basic Grey Oliver papers and embellishments and in 2 hours I put together this little mini photo box for Nicholas.  I covered the box with paper and embellishments and punched a hole for a ribbon handle.  The interior 16 pages used up 32-4x6 photo's from my 2009 & 2010 photo storage binders. I paired just 4 sheets of kraft cardstock with strips of patterned paper and coordinating embellishments. I kept the pages simple since they were going to be for frequent handling with little hands.

On Sunday morning I handed Nicholas the box and I got the sweetest "aahhh" I have ever heard.  Later I heard him call it "my book mommy made".  He kept looking at his pictures and talking about things we had done and the different family members in the pictures.









Now I need to come up with an idea for smaller hands, because it is time Jackson had his first book just for him.

6 comments:

Kristina said...

I really like this idea. Great way to quickly scrap pictures and it would make a great gift too.

Thanks for sharing,
~KristinaH

Alex Hardy said...

awwww. now he has a book of his own. it turned out so cute!

Sue Althouse said...

Don't you just love the LOM system that made this possible? Bet it felt great to scrap 32 pictures so quickly and beautifully. And your son's reaction - priceless!

Allison said...

Great idea! I need to do more minis too.

Katie said...

what a fabulous book. i love that your son gets that you did this for him. sweet!

Rebecca Keppel said...

So cute to see your little guys looking at the mini (So sweet!). Mine are such destructors and pick off stickers and things. That mini is awesome too.