Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Get moving....

I have two more reasons to get my butt out of bed in the morning and out the door to exercise....



Not only do I need to get an exercise routine going and keep it on track. These two adorable pups need to drop some weight too.

The cute chubby black and white one, Marti (or fatty patty as I lovingly call her), well in dog terms she's obese. Marti should weigh 14 pounds and she weighs about 19. It's pretty harsh really. How would you like to be considered obese when you are 5 pounds overweight? I noticed that she is having a bit more trouble getting her bottom half on the couch when she jumps up. I don't think that food is really her issue. She would sleep 23 hours a day if we let her. She is LAZY and proud of it.

The white cutie-pie is Mandi. She should be a little dog and her fur sometimes hides things. But she can't sneak through the pool fence anymore. She probably weighs 10 pounds and shouldn't be more than 8 or 9. She isn't lazy so much as she is a piggy. She stalks the boys when they are eating to get whatever scraps she can find.

So until we get a routine going, I am alternating taking one of them on a walk each morning. They are a bit impossible to walk together and I need to want to get out of bed in the morning and being dragged by one dog while the other one lallygags along isn't going to make me race out the door.

So first up was Marti, she enjoyed her walk this morning. Mandi on the other hand was very mad that she didn't get to go. Tomorrow will be Mandi's turn and I am certain that our LAZY Marti will stay in bed under the covers and not even know we are gone.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Lol! Too funny. Good luck getting into a routine! :)

VanessaB said...

they are so cute. the best exercise is walking my dog, so enjoy your time. :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

They are so cute! Look at them living the life of luxury! Hope you all enjoy your walks :)