Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons....

It all started out innocent enough. We have several fruit trees in the backyard and they are full of lemons, oranges, limes and grapefruit. So, I took Nicholas out to pick some fruit so I could make some fresh lemonade.


After digging in the back of the cabinets to find the juicer, I whipped up some delicious lemonade. Not too sweet, not too sour...

With a couple of lemons left over I hunted around in the freezer and found a pie crust and came upon this Paula Deen recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie. And I had all the ingredients, it had to be fate.

A quick mixture for the filling...

The new KitchenAid came in handy for the meringue...

Layer it together...

A short time in the oven...

And about an hour after we picked fruit from the trees, we had this yummy pie for dessert...

So when life gives you lemons...make lemonade...and lemon meringue pie.



5 comments:

beckyjune said...

that sounds so yummy! I love fresh lemonade.

Gina said...

yummo!!!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh wow!!!! The lemonade and the pie look amazing Michelle!! Is it already gone, because I want to come over for a piece!! YUM!

Christina said...

Look at you being a foodie. I'm shocked you didn't bring it to work to share. It looks yummy.

日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.