Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cosmo Cricket Class & February Color Me Daisy Layouts

Today I had the pleasure of taking a class at one of my LSS, Paper Vineyard. This store opened up just as we were losing our Recollections store 2 years ago. To celebrate their 2 year anniversary they hosted Linsday Moore (co-owner and funny blog poster over at Cosmo Cricket), for 2 days of fun classes with lots of giveaways.

I would have loved to take them all, but I have been so busy with work and the February kit release that I just couldn't manage all 3. So I settled on the class that was going to feature my favorite new release from Cosmo Cricket, Material Girl. The class was an easy pace, lots of entertaining stories from Lindsay and a full house. The kits were all pre cut so, very easy to put together this cutie pie card and layout combo. Some wonderful soul did all the sewing for us on these, so we ended up with these great additions to our scrapbooks and card collections:

I am proud of myself for being able to tie the bow here, usually I just tie a knot and call it good. :)

Now this layout is a bit girlish but, their example was the exact same title with pictures of a little girl carrying around snacks. I immediately thought of a few similar pictures I have just like them of Nicholas. So I kept the title and we will be okay with pink in his scrapbook ;). I just love that tape measure paper. And we got a whole package of those cute new chipboard alpha's that Cosmo Cricket just came out with. When I got home I added some Glimmer Mist in Patina to the paper but it didn't show up in the photo.

They had a lot of giveaways in the class, everyone received a double stack paper pad, 2 packs of the new chipboard alphas and a pack of the mini alphas. I got the Earth Love and Boyfriend paper pack, but some lucky ladies got a Material Girl and Garden Variety pad.

After class, I needed to pick up some of that Cosmo Cricket. They were out of a few things already, but I did get this from the Material Girl line. (Sorry about the product photos, it was dark when I decided to take the pictures, so had to use the flash).

And this from the Garden Variety line (including those cute Ready Set Chip Alpha's). The backsides of several of these papers are super cute as well!

And anyone who knows me, knows I love my alphas. So between the giveaways in class and my purchases I am now the happy owner of every stinkin' one of the new Cosmo Cricket alphas. Heaven!

And since they were having an anniversary sale, I picked up these Prima flowers that I think will be awesome misted, And I couldn't resist the Martha Stewart Butterfly Border punch. I don't think I will tire of butterfly's.


And now on to my February layouts for Color Me Daisy's "Change of Heart" kit. We announced this month will be our last monthly kit. I am missing too much time with my boys and have decided to cut way back on the number and frequency of the kits. The announcement can be read here.

February's kit Change of Heart is so much fun with lots of Jenni Bowlin, My Mind's Eye, Maya Road and American Crafts. I love the red and black for Valentine's and love and everyday photos too. I have finished 2 layouts so far, first is this simple one. "This is Us":

For my 2nd layout I painted the Maya Road and flower chipboard first with red paint and then covered it with a rose glitter paint. I also used the Smooch Spritz from the February add on's to spray the library pocket and turn the white polka dots red. I also used Martha Stewart butterfly punches for the butterfly's only adhering the middles and lifting the wings off the page.



Well that's it for now. Mike has been making homemade Roasted Tomato Soup and Macaroni and Cheese and it smells delicious. Hopefully he will be feeding us soon. Happy Saturday!


4 comments:

beckyjune said...

That sounds like such a fun time, Michelle, and I am so envious of you for having all of that new product already.

Gina said...

That's awesome that you got all those alphas already Michelle!!! Looks like you had a blast! :)

Joni M said...

What a great class! I love all your new goodies and the layouts! I really want to see you use that butterfly border punch. How cute is that?!

VanessaB said...

sounds like a fun class. love the card and LO and wow- look at all those goodies! :) the feb kit lo's are beautiful :)