Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chocolate Mint M&M Cookies


I recently picked up a bag of these...


and of course I needed to do something with them right?

So I thought they would be great in some Chocolate Cookies.  After looking around the internet for some ideas, I made up my own, by substituting some peppermint extract into a pretty basic chocolate cookie recipe. That added just the right hint of mint to the cookies.  I think it would be great if you had some peppermint oil instead. 

Chocolate Mint M&M Cookies

2 sticks of butter 
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp peppermint extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

With an electric mixer beat butter sugar, eggs and peppermint extract until smooth and fluffy. In a separate bowl measure flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and whisk together with a fork.

Stir in Mint M&M's and drop onto parchment paper (or splat mat) on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 7-9 minutes. Let cool on pan and then transfer to wire rack. 

Eat. Enjoy. Repeat.

Nicholas enjoyed helping too....






2 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Yes please, I'll take some. YUM!! I need to pick up some of those mint M&M's for sure, I love chocolate and mint!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

oooh, those sound delicious!