Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Halfway there....

...to my 4 day weekend that is.  Work is busy this week.  Internal audit is visiting and our air conditioning went out (again) yesterday.  We had to sleep on the couch in the basement last night to keep cool.  Our bedroom was a stifling 85 degrees with the fan blowing full blast.  That doesn't make me happy, it makes me cranky...those poor auditors. :).

Air was fixed today so back in my own bed and a comfy weekend at home is planned trying out some new recipes.  Saturday we made this Smoked Salmon Pizza it was so yummy....



Nicholas and Jackson are playing pretty well together now....well maybe too well.  On sunday, after several minutes of very loud noise and a closed bedroom door we walked into Jackson's room and found this....





Trouble with a big fat capital T, I tell you...

Also on Sunday, Mike pointed out I had not updated our family room banner.  It still said Spring from one I made a couple of months ago.  We were having the family over for dinner Sunday evening, so I had an hour or so and whipped this one out.  Not super fancy but I love the colors of the Echo Park Paper Sweet Summertime line.  Mixed with some Sassafras whimsies and banner stickers, a few Making Memories glitter stars, ribbon from Michaels, a few punches and Studio Calico Carter and Storytime alphabet stamps and Stamps of Life  stamps I whipped this up in no time. We now have a Summer banner....









4 comments:

Denise said...

Hello,just popping over via Camp Scrap,that pizza looks very scrummy and I love your banners..

Christina said...

AC going out sucks. Last year it went out on a Friday before a 3 days weekend. It didn't get fixed until the following Tue.

I'm looking for pictures of your room. Do you have them posted on your blog?

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Hi there! I came over from the Studio Calico board and I loved your banner -- that line is so sweet! I have Sweet Summertime too, but I haven't started playing with it yet... this week, I hope! Happy 4th of July!

Aimee Kidd said...

Oh man, I'm coming to your house next time you and Mike fix that pizza. I know Arizona is a long way from NC but I'd be willing to travel for just a bite! LOL!
Nicholas and Jackson look super adorable in those pics! I know Nicholas is enjoying having someone to play with now.
Banner....just adorable! Love those colors and the embellishments! I love seeing the banners you make!!