Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

And just like that it's over....

Color Me Daisy, that is. We sold off out the clearance mystery boxes in less than a week.  They are stuffed full and  ready to be picked up tomorrow.  So with that done, Color Me Daisy is no longer.  I have to admit that I realized while we were packing up the boxes late into the night last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, that I will very much NOT miss packing kits. I would much rather play with paper, and pretty sparkly things.

Speaking of playing I pretty much used up all of my Mosh Posh May kit and here is the last layout I made. I love the Lily Bee colors.  I was pretty excited just now, I went to grab the Lily Bee blog link and saw one of my layouts I posted last week was in their Friday Faves post.  How cool is that? :)

"U 2 boys 'r' so Sweet"

I really had hoped to scrap some this weekend, but I was so tired last night I crashed early and this afternoon I ended up organizing my craft room instead.  So maybe tonight I'll get back to scrapping,

Nicholas had his last day of preschool this week.  They had a water and ice cream party, I had planned to volunteer that day, but it being quarter end at work I had to cancel. We really like his teacher, Ms. Jackie and we are glad Nicholas will have her again next year as his teacher.


I made his teacher, class assistants and speech therapist summer bags with beach towels, sunscreen, water bottles and a magazine.  I whipped up some matching cards with just a package of Sassafras Felties, a scrap of Basic Grey paper, a punch and a couple of stamps.




At the beginning of the year I did a major clean out of the craft room.  My LSS, Scrapbooks Etc., had it's semi-annual yard sale in March. I sold so much stuff I ended up with almost $600 in store credit, and up until this week I hadn't used any of it. With new lines starting to showing up, I made a trip over to the store on Thursday and picked up lots of goodies.

That Crafters Workshop star template should be fun for misting and painting. I am in love the new Bella Blvd. Man's House line (I even ordered a kit from Citrus Tree Studio), and think it may work for a project I have in mind. Nicholas loves trains, so I have a few pictures already for that new stamp. And  I have on more than one occasion wished I had an oval punch when making a card or needing a journaling spot. Also, I recently got the I Top on Scrapbooksteals, but the deal didn't include the small punch, so now I have it. It makes good layered flowers too.


I picked up more of Girl's Paperie On Holiday papers and some embellishments. They will be great for summer pages with or without actually traveling anywhere.


I really like Pink Paislee's new Starlight collection.  I also ordered a couple of pieces from Stop and Scrap and I thought the Basic Grey Basics stickers worked well with the papers.  Should be fun for boy pages or 4th of July pages.



Have you seen the new Echo Park line? It is so summery and happy, and those new Cosmo Cricket little alpha's are so perfect with it, as was the Sassafras Me Likey Ice Cream paper. I also ordered a couple of other pieces of this from Stop and Scrap.  I think this will be cute for a summer banner.


Studio Calico had the paper with the frogs in one of their add on's this month, but I passed on it over another add on I liked more.  But I still  had to have this paper. I also found these others from We R Memory Keepers 72 and Sunny line. Isn't it fun?!


I also picked up most of the new Studio Calico Documentary line. It will be fun for some travel pages and I love the hot air balloon. I have the Fab Rips and Alphas coming in a separate order. 


So I have lots of new stuff to play with.  And best of all I didn't spend anything for this since I had a store credit.

No comments: