Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

CKC Glendale Thoughts & Classes Pt. 1

A few weeks ago I attended the Creating Keepakes Convention in Glendale (CKC) and had a lot of fun. Even though I had to drive 45 minutes to get to the venue I loved the location. Sadly it looks like we will only have CKC Mesa in Arizona next year. I guess we were spoiled having 2 different ones each year. But I loved the Glendale location even though it was far.

The shopping this time was pretty darn good. Owning a scrapbook kit club, I don't find a need to buy a ton of stuff from my LSS so I wasn't expecting to spend nearly what I did this time. I picked up quite a few things that I thought would be fun to experiment with. And of course I bought Thickers, 15 packs to be exact to add to my ever growing collection. I can't resist all the different colors and fonts and when they are selling them at slightly more than wholesale (new ones too) I couldn't resist. Especially if I knew I wasn't going to use them in a kit or add on anytime soon.

I took 7 classes this time and spread them out over the 2 days so I never felt overwhelmed by them. Overall I liked the class pace. I finished a lot of the layouts or projects in class this time. And as of this past weekend every single layout, card and mini book is complete with pictures (which I will share over the next 3 posts).

Day 1 Classes

Joy of Cards - PaperCrafts - Kim Kesti

The class was taught by Kim Kesti from PaperCrafts. We made 4 really cute cards, Kim was great and I pretty much finished my cards up in class. And to top it off I won an idea book. I already had it, but still nice to win. It's now in the prize box for crop nights for someone else to benefit from.

We glittered the butterfly on this one with a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen and it worked really well. I liked all the little touches that we did on these cards like poking holes for the butterfly trail on this one.

This is a great way to use up all that pom pom trim I have. Use it as a border.

Another poking holes around the star. I've seen it before, but never done it and I thought it added a fun touch to this card.

And this was a fun cute card made with American Crafts papers.



Class 2 Scrap Strips Creating Keepsakes - Marnie Flores

This class was taught by Marnie Flores who I recognized from Write Click Scrapbook which is one of the places we advertise Color Me Daisy. We worked with Marnie when we did a giveaway with them, so it was fun to meet her in real life. She is very sweet and funny.

I like to take a lot of layout classes at the conventions, because it usually helps me just get some random pictures scrapped that I have in my binders to scrap but have never found the right page for.

We did 1 double page and 2 single page layouts. The idea of the class was to use up your scraps. These are the cute pages we made in the class:

This one is the double page layout. We received a transparency with the title on this one, so I used it to scrap some random leftover pictures of the day Jackson was born that was from right before we left to the hospital, in the delivery room, with his nana for the first time and daddy holding him. We used a lot of punches in this class for borders and accents, which I do a lot of. It is a great way to stretch supplies.



This is the 1st of the 2 single page layouts. I used a picture from the day we went to Laguna Beach for breakfast when we were in California this past summer for my grandfather's funeral. It was Jackson's first visit to the beach. We didn't have time to stay long and while the trip itself was sad and kind of stressful, this was a nice morning we had as a family away from it all.


This last one I added some stickers from my stash for the title. We made the borders from border punches. Just some pics of my little guy chillin' in the pool.


I guess Blogger doesn't want me to post any more pictures in this post. So I will start part 2 soon.

No comments: