Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

A Peek In My Week

I finished up a project from one of my CKC Mesa Classes which was called "A Peek Into My Week" It was a mini album for a week in your life. The class was taught by Elizabeth Kartchner, Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooker of the Year from a year or two ago. The mini was pretty easy to put together. I worked on it a bit in class and then finished it up after having a week documented and pictures printed out. I added some extra ribbon, doodling to finish it off.

A few weeks ago I carried around a camera and jotted down some notes to get a slice of life type of week. I picked a normal week on purpose. The only unusual thing was we were extra busy with Color Me Daisy that week due to a last minute advertising change which moved up our May kit release so it would be available when the ad dropped.

A Peek Into My Week Cover

A Peek Into My Week Day 1

A Peek Into My Week Day 2

A Peek Into My Week Day 3

A Peek Into My Week Day 4

A Peek Into My Week Day 5

A Peek Into My Week Day 6

A Peek Into My Week Day 7

A Peek Into My Week Back Cover



Definitely a fun little project I am glad I did. I am doing the 365 project which is fun to document our daily happenings, but the Peek in My Week was purely from my perspective. I will enjoy looking back at it, even today when I was copying the journaling from my index cards to the mini book it was funny how many minute things in a day you just forget.

Try it sometime.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to say that your mini album turned out great. Thanks for taking the time to post about it on your blog. I'm also a teacher for CK at some of the CKCs, and I love seeing how students' projects turn out. TFS!

Megan (CK Creative Editor)

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

Awesome little album!! Looks great with all of your journaling and pics of the boys!! I still need to get you to tell which classes to take for the CKC Charlotte!

VanessaB said...

what an awesome project. i love that! great job :)

:: gingerkitty :: said...

so cute, love that project

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciatingmy blog
I design for Color Me Daisy

Mara... said...

Michelle, this is fantastic!!! I love it, something that i've always wanted to do. You did a great job documenting your week. Awesome!!