Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nicholas Turns 2!

So I am a bit late in sharing pictures of Nicholas's birthday party. He turned 2 on January 9th. His Uncle Jon and Aunt Krista and his 4 cousins came for the weekend to help us celebrate.
We had a Winnie the Pooh themed party. I used my Cricut machine to make Nicholas a birthday sign. Mike had got me the Winnie the Pooh cartridge for Christmas so I could make this for Nicholas.

NBday 1
Party decorations including Pooh themed ballons.

NBday 4

NBday 3
I made Nicholas's cake. It was my first effort at baking a themed cake. It wasn't too bad except for mixing all the frosting colors. It wasn't as perfect as a bakery cake, but completely made with love!

NBday 5

I also made cucakes, which was really so I could practice applying the frosting before I did the cake.

NBday 2


Me and my big boy! I cannot believe that he is 2 years old. The time has gone so fast. He is as sweet as he was the day he was born!

NBday 6

Nicholas and his Grandpa Carr. Love his little Pooh ears!

NBday 7

We had hot dogs, so Nicholas could have one of his favorite meals. Of course he had to have potato chips too!

NBDay 8

Opening presents was still a little overwhelming. Fortunately cousin Bella was here to help. She would open his presents and while Nicholas would play with the new toy. Bella was ready to open the next one! They made a great team.

NBday 9

Getting ready to blow out the candles on the cake.

NBday 10

The hit toy was picked out by Uncle Jon. It was a Winnie the Pooh treehouse complete with characters from the Winnie the Pooh Sleuthing series (not sure what it is, but I guess it is a newer Pooh cartoon theme). Whatever it is, Nicholas loves it. All the kids played with this most of the night and into the next day. Even 2 weeks later it is one of the first toys Nicholas starts playing with each day. He loves opening the doors and figuring out how it all works.

NBday 11



No comments: